Project: Selva Maya Natural Resources Protection Project (BMZ/KfW/IUCN)
To improve accessibility and presence of the Forest Department, the Belize Defence Force and the Friends for Conservation and Development through the rehabilitation of the road connecting the conservation posts, thus reducing the illegal activities within the Chiquibul National Park.
- To Rehabilitate the road to make it accessible during the wet and dry season
- To Install 16 culverts
- Handover of rehabilitated road
The following requirements must be met by the contractor:
- Interested companies should arrange site visit with FD before submitting proposal to ensure comprehension of the full scope of the work
- Rehabilitation of road to conform with alignment provided to selected company
- All work is to conform to road construction best practices guidelines in Belize (BELIZE PUBLIC ROADS ACT CHAPTER 232 REVISED EDITION 2000 SHOWING THE LAW AS AT 31ST DECEMBER, 2000)
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements from the Forest Department.
- In the road construction, high quality construction based on the Belize standard needs to be achieved and the BELIZE PUBLIC ROADS ACT CHAPTER 232
1. Qualifications and Experience
Interested eligible bidders must meet the following criteria to be selected:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction of roads, quarrying and land clearing.
- Knowledge of the area
- Demonstrated equipment and expertise to carry out the works required
- Professional work crew
- Safety equipment based on road safety guide/standard/ (www.belizeroadsafety.com) must be adhered to.
Interested applicants can request for the complete Terms of Reference from firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Technical and financial offer
Interested applicants should present their technical and financial proposal that responds to the contents of these Terms of Reference no later than February 26, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
The proposal should be addressed to the following:
For the original Tender Notice, as well as the Addendum, click on images below: