REDD+ Readiness Project in Belize
MINISTRY OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, CLIMATE CHANGE AND DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT (MSDCCDRM)
Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services (Individual Consultant)
Technical Indigenous Coordinator for the REDD+ Readiness Project Grant No: P152415/TF018492
The Government of Belize with the assistance of the World Bank is implementing the project entitled “Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) Readiness Project in Belize” with Grant funding from the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility “FCPF” and has appointed the Ministry of Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management (MSDCCDRM) for the overall implementation of the Project with the fiduciary support provided by the Protected Areas Conservation Trust (PACT). The Government of Belize intends to apply part of the proceeds of the grant to payments under the contract for this Consultancy.
REDD+ and PACT now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. In submitting Expression of Interest, consultants should provide information demonstrating that he/she has the required and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology, Natural Resource Management or related field.
- Candidates with an Associate’s Degree and five (5) years of working experience with Indigenous Communities of Belize will be considered.
- Candidates that have five (5) years of working experience with the Mopan Maya and Q’eqchi’ Maya Peoples have a distinct advantage.
- Written and oral proficiency in English; Oral proficiency in Spanish is an asset; Oral proficiency in Mopan Maya and/or Q’eqchi’ Maya is a distinct advantage.
- Has knowledge, understanding and respect to the cultural and spiritual values and principles of the Mopan and Q’eqchi’ Peoples.
- Has experience working with forest-based initiatives with Indigenous Peoples of Belize.
- Has experience in planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of projects.
- Has experience in procuring services and goods for projects.
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and the Ministry of Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management policy on “Employment of Public officers as consultants.”
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the Individual Consultants’ Qualification method set out in the World Bank Consultant Guidelines.
Interested consultants can request the Terms of Reference by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, mail or e-mail ‘preferred’) by 4:00 p.m. on Friday 22nd January 2021 to:
REDD+ Procurement Officer
Protected Areas Conservation Trust
3 Mango Street
Belmopan, Cayo District
Tel: 822-3637 Email: email@example.com
The sealed envelope containing the Expression of Interest must include the name and address of the applicant and should be clearly marked:
“TECHNICAL INDIGENOUS COORDINATOR FOR THE REDD+ READINESS PROJECT IN BELIZE”
REDD+ Readiness Project and PACT shall not be bound to defray any costs incurred by applicants in preparing and submitting statements of capability.
For full document, click on image below: