Project Officer for the REDD+ Readiness Project
Grant No.: P152415/TF018492
The Government of Belize with the assistance of the World Bank is implementing the project entitled “Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) Readiness Project in Belize” with Grant funding from the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility “FCPF” and has appointed the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry, the Environment, Sustainable Development and Immigration (MAFFESDI) for the overall implementation of the Project with the fiduciary support provided by the Protected Areas Conservation Trust (PACT). The Government of Belize intends to apply part of the proceeds of the grant to payments under the contract for this Consultancy.
REDD+ and PACT now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. In submitting Expression of Interest, consultants should provide information demonstrating that he/she has the required and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Administration, Economics, or related fields. Two or more years of experience working on project is an asset; Candidates with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Administration, Economics, or related fields and more than 2 years of experience in project monitoring and evaluation have a distinct advantage;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts, tools, methods, and strategies;
- Proven ability to design and implement a monitoring and evaluation system;
- Proven track record in working on complex development projects;
- Ability to develop templates for data collection;
- Ability to analyze and report on data collected;
- Ability to conduct research and analysis and strong synthesis skills;
- Ability to report on research; and
- Strong report writing and analytical skills.
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry, the Environment, Sustainable Development and Immigration policy on “Employment of Public officers as consultants.”
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on Individual Consultants’ Qualification method set out in the World Bank Consultant Guidelines.
Interested consultants can request the Terms of Reference by email at email@example.com
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, mail, fax or e-mail) by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday 4th December 2018 to:
REDD+ Procurement Officer
Protected Areas Conservation Trust
3 Mango Street
Belmopan, Cayo District
The sealed envelope containing the Expression of Interest must include the name and address of the firm and should be clearly marked:
“PROJECT OFFICER FOR THE REDD+ READINESS PROJECT IN BELIZE”
REDD+ Readiness Project and PACT shall not be bound to defray any costs incurred by applicants in preparing and submitting statements of capability.
For details on skills needed and benefits, click on the image below to download full pdf document.