For the Design and Construction of a “Green” Office Building Facility
The Government of Belize, acting through the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, the Environment, Sustainable Development and Immigration, has received a grant from the Government of Italy through the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre toward the cost of the “Design and Construction of a “Green” Office Building Facility”
The main objective of the project is to reduce the Ministry’s carbon footprint and climate vulnerability through incorporation of climate mitigation and adaption measures in the design and construction of the “Green” office building, which would be fitted with:
- Sustainable design strategies & practices.
- Renewables and energy efficient design options.
- A design that promotes increase resiliency to hurricanes (designed to withstand the impact of a category 5 Hurricane).
- A work friendly environment.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to design and construct a modern fit-for-purpose “Green” office building that meets the project objectives to house the Ministry’s administrative and technical departments, units and statutory bodies. The duration of the assignment is expected to be for a period of approximately twelve (12) months.
Key deliverables of consultancy:
- An approved design of a 16,000 sq. ft three-story “Green” office building which meets most International Sustainable Accreditations Certifications and Standards.
- An approved Bill of Quantities for the complete construction and furnishing of the “Green” building and landscaping of the grounds. The Bill of Quantities is to include sustainable, renewables and energy efficient material, equipment and supplies and environmentally sensitive finishes and building materials available from local suppliers.
- A completed and furnished three-story “Green” building and associated landscaping that meets all necessary approved specifications.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in carrying out works of a similar nature and size. Similar works shall refer to contracts with scope of works related to the architectural design and detailed construction and engineering of modern commercial office buildings, together with associated landscaping, for government / public and private sector entities.
- APAB Registered Architect(s) with at least ten (10) years’ experience in the design of building structures.
- APEB Registered Engineer(s) with at least ten (10) years of post-qualification experience in working on similar
- A landscape architect/designer.
Contractors/ Joint Venture
• The firm should have the following key design, site management and technical personnel with the relevant qualifications and experience:
- A registered contract manager (Project Manager) with at least 10 years’ experience in the management and supervision of similar building and civil works,
- Two Site Supervisors each with at least ten (10) years of proven experience in contract administration and on-site supervision of substantial construction projects.
- A licensed electrician with over 10 years of post-qualification experience
- A plumber with over 10 years of experience working on substantial construction projects
- Latest Audited Financial Statement, including income statement and balance sheet to indicate its financial stability, liquidity, credit standing, and market reputation for the past five (5) years;
- The minimum amount of liquid assets and/or credit facilities net of other contractual commitments of the successful Bidder shall be BZ$500,000.00 of which at least BZ$200,000 must be in cash.
In the assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to qualifications and experience on similar assignments. All information must be submitted in English.
One (1) original and four (4) hard copies of the Expression of Interest must be received at the address below no later than 5:00 p.m. (Belize time) on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 and one (1) hard copy must be sent simultaneously to Executive Director, PACT, #3 Mango Street, Belmopan, Belize and another one (1) hard copy must also be sent simultaneously to Procurement Officer, CCCCC, 1st Floor, Lawrence Nicholas Building, Ring Road, Belmopan, Belize. The sealed envelope containing each submission shall include the name and address of the applicant and shall be clearly marked “Expression of Interest – Consultancy Services for the Design and Construction of a “Green” Office Building Facility”. Electronic submissions shall not be permitted.
Following the assessment of submissions, a short-list of not less than three (3) and not more than six (6) applicants will be provided with full terms of reference and invited to submit technical and financial proposals to undertake the assignment. GOB reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel the present invitation partially or in its entirety. It will not be bound to assign any reason for not short-listing any applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by any applicant in the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TENDER DOCUMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. ONLY SELECTED FIRMS WILL BE INVITED TO SUBMIT TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL PROPOSALS.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted no later than 14th November 2018 by 5:00 pm to:
Further information may be obtained from the
Office of the Chief Executive Officer, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, the Environment, Sustainable Development and Immigration,
at Old Lands Building, Market Square, Belmopan, Belize. Tel: 501-828-4877
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.
For any questions related to the project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com indicating this REOI as reference.
For details download full pdf documents below.