Activity Title: Services to Conduct a Detailed Bathymetric Assessment of the New River Watershed
Funded by: Project “Ridge to Reef Management of the Mesoamerican Reef Ecoregion” (DOE/PACT/MAR2R)
Contract Ref: MAR2R/SER/001/2021
Basic Concept: The project aims to strengthen the integrated management of water resources in Belize, through the design of policies and instruments for water planning in the Belize River and New River watershed, under the ridge to reef approach.
Specific Objectives of the Service:
- Undertake a detailed bathymetric assessment of the New River with a detailed report including high resolution digital and hardcopy maps of the river profile. The consulting team/firm shall produce a technical report analyzing the data resulting from the implementation of the approved technology, process and methodology including the identification of areas of interest in the river bottom terrain and recommendations thereof.
Applicants Must Submit an Expression of Interest which includes:
- A detailed technical and financial proposal for the deliverables.
- Most recent CVs of all members of the Consulting team.
- Letter of Interest highlighting the experience on the topics included in the Terms of Reference.
- Proven experience in the field.
Eligibility and Rules:
- Lead consultant with extensive GIS and bathymetry experience, and a technical consultant with hydrological expertise. Additional expertise is a plus.
- The consultancy should demonstrate proven experience (at least five (5) completed similar assessments) in conducting bathymetric surveys, preparing detailed maps and cross sections.
- The consultancy must have all the requisite equipment that are required to conduct the bathymetric assessment.
- Must possess a degree in bathymetric profiling or related field, and hydrology or related field.
- Prior background knowledge/familiarity of the New River and current issues.
- The procurement process will be carried out through National Competitive Bidding.
Selection will be based on the Quality Cost Based Selection where technical soundness, knowledge and experience and financial cost are considered.
The interested consulting team/firm shall submit separately the following:
- A Technical proposal in digital and hard copy. This proposal shall detail the methodology, process, technology/equipment, pros/cons, time schedule and quality control and quality assurance. The technical proposal shall also describe the composition of the team and relevant years of experience.
- Financial proposal shall be submitted on a sealed package. It should be addressed to Mr. Samuel Benavidez, Accounts Clerk and the front have the following in the front package “CONFIDENTIAL, DO NOT OPEN, MAR2R PROJECT PROPOSAL- BATHYMETRY.”
For more information and Terms of Reference (ToR) regarding this consultancy, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Package should be submitted no later than 4 p.m. 29th October 2021to:
Protected Areas Conservation Trust
3 Mango Street
Attn: Mr. Samuel Benavidez (email@example.com)
See full documents below: