Project: Selva Maya Natural Resources Protection Project (BMZ/KfW/IUCN)
The SMP covers improving the management effectiveness of the Selva Maya Protected Areas (PA), its connectivity, and strengthening coordination capacity between Belize, Guatemala and Mexico for conservation and sustainable management actions of the Selva Maya.
General: To develop guidelines and permitting processes for rearing of game species in Belize.
- Feasibility assessment of game rearing and breeding in Belize to determine sustainability and market demand and selection of the 3 main game species with market demand.
- To develop manual and guidelines for rearing and breeding of the 3 selected species.
- Drafting notes to enable legislation to provide for rearing and breeding of the three selected species.
Notes should take into account inter alia a permitting system for rearing activities including monitoring to ensure compliance of any regulations set in place.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested eligible bidders must meet the following criteria to be selected:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Wildlife ecology, Natural Resources Management or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in formulating manuals and guidelines.
- Knowledge of Belize’s Environmental and Wildlife Laws.
- Experience in participatory processes and facilitation of consultation processes.
Interested applicants can request for the complete terms of reference from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical and financial offer
Interested applicants should present their technical and financial proposal that responds to the contents of these Terms of Reference no later than January 22, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. The proposal should be addressed to the following:
For full tender notice, click on image below: