Secondary activities that may also qualify for funding include: protected areas management and conservation; protected areas promotion and development; environmental education and awareness/outreach and community development around protected areas. Co-financing is a requirement for all grant types.
PACT’s Environmental Support Grants provide funding to community based groups, organizations, associations and schools towards the creation of summer camps and activities that are aimed at environmental education and awareness. Maximum funding allotment is BZ$ 10,000.
Single Category Grants
Single category grants are available to a single applicant with a maximum funding envelope of BZ$ 100,000.
Multiple Category Grants
Multiple category grants are available to three or more combined applicants/co-managers with a central project aim. The maximum funding envelope is BZ$ 400,000.
The Extraordinary Funding Grant types refers to any request outside of the investment/grant cycle. An Extraordinary Funding request must be for a period of no more than one year (12 months).
Owing to the competitive grants application process, the application package must include:
- A document detailing the reason/s for the request, what is being requested, a budget and work-plan, and a cover letter. The most recent institutional assessment report, if available, can also be submitted.
- Explanation of how the remaining eighty percent (80%) of the Core Cost will be financed;
- Donor Commitment letter(s);
- Clear deliverables and outputs; and,
- Explanation or submission of a “post extraordinary funding” financial sustainability plan or strategy. In the case of Community Based Organizations, the sustainability plan or strategy refers to documented evidence from the organization that it will be able to remain functional and operational after it has exhausted the PACT’s funding.