TECHNICAL EXPERT- Sustainable Forest Management Specialist
Grant No: P130474
The Government of Belize with the assistance of the World Bank is implementing the project entitled “Management and Protection of Key Biodiversity Areas in Belize (KBA)” with Grant funding from the Global Environment Facility “GEF” and has appointed the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry the Environment and Sustainable Development (MAFFESD) for the overall implementation of the Project with the fiduciary support provided by the Protected Areas Conservation Trust (PACT).
KBA and PACT now invite individual consultants interested in undertaking the assignment to submit their Statements of Capability. In submitting their Statements of Capability, applicants should be aware that they will be assessed based on the following areas:
(b) Experience of the individual relative to the particular assignment, and
(c) Availability of Candidate for the proposed consultancy period.
KBA and PACT are seeking to recruit an Individual Consultant with the critical minimum requirements listed below:
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Forestry or Natural Resource Management related field and a minimum of 2 years demonstrated work experience in sustainable forestry management and/or community based forest management; or
- Possess a relevant Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years experience would be considered in lieu of Master’s Degree.
- Working knowledge of internationally funded project management, and a sound understanding of World Bank policies and procedures;
- Specialist knowledge of forest restoration measures, fire management and climate change adaptation in the forestry sector;
- Working knowledge of the organizations involved in forest and natural resource management in Belize;
- Familiarity with the local Belize terrestrial environment, ecosystems, cultures, people would be beneficial;
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English and working knowledge of Spanish and/or Maya desirable;
The consultancy is expected to be for a period of eleven (11) months commencing in October 2018.
The detailed terms of reference for the consultancy can be request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, mail, fax or e-mail) by 4:00 p.m. (local Belize time) on Wednesday 19th September 2018 to:
Procurement Officer, KBA
Protected Areas Conservation Trust
3 Mango Street
The sealed envelope containing the Expression of Interest must include the name and address of the applicant and should be clearly marked:
Statement of Capability: “Sustainable Forest Management Specialist”
PACT shall not be bound to defray any costs incurred by applicants in preparing and submitting statements of capability.
For details on skills needed and benefits, click on the image below to download full pdf document.