To conduct a General End of Year Audit of the Belize Nature Conservation Foundation Account and General Assessment of all operations and procedures in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on Auditing.
The Belize Nature Conservation Foundation (BNCF) was established in April 2013 under and by virtue of the Companies Act, Chapter 250 of the Substantive Laws of Belize, Revised Edition 2011. As provided for in its Memorandum of Association, the Foundation is a non-profit company whose objectives are, inter alia, to raise funds and to receive gifts and donations to promote conservation and management, for the sustainable use of natural and cultural resources of Belize. The Foundation also offers small grants to eligible organizations for conservation-based projects in or around terrestrial protected areas.
Objectives of the Audit Services:
- To Conduct General End of Year Audit of the BNCF Account based on the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) on Auditing;
- To Conduct a General Assessment of all operations and procedures to ensure that BNCF is in compliance with the General Accepted Accounting Principles and IFRS;
- Express an opinion on the financial statements of BNCF based on the audit;
- Prepare a financial audit report.
The services will include but not be limited to the following activities:
- Plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free of material misstatement.
- Audit the accompanying statements of the financial position of BNCF as at 31 March 2022, 31 March 2023 and 31 March 2024;
- Audit the related statement of the financial statements inclusive of the comprehensive income, statements of changes in equity, and statements of cash flows as at 31 March 2022, 31 March 2023 and 31 March 2024;
- Examine, on a test basis, the evidence supporting the amounts and disclosures in the financial statements.
- Assess the accounting principles used and significant estimates made by management; and
- Evaluate the overall financial statement presentation.
Tasks of the Auditor:
The Auditor, under the guidance of the Accounting Manager of PACT, will conduct a General End of Year Audit of the BNCF Account and General Assessment of all operations and procedures in accordance with the IFRS on Auditing.
Specifically, the Auditor will:
- Conduct a situational analysis to identify the scope of work, timeline, and resources required for the Service;
- Prepare a proposal including a work plan and budget incorporating the results from (1.)
- Conduct the audit exercise as per the work plan agreed to;
- Liaise closely with PACT’s Accounting Team and report on the progress of the work as per the work schedule;
- Prepare a managerial report with findings and recommendations and present same to PACT’s management.
- Prepare a final audit report.
The expected outputs from the Services are:
- A proposal including a work plan and budget outlining the program of work of this Service;
- A Managerial Report;
- An Audit Report in accordance to IFRS.
Applicants Must Submit an Expression of Interest including:
- A Company profile and proof of legal certificates and affiliations
- Resume/CV of Partner(s) in Charge and Senior Auditor to be assigned to the Audit
The tenure of the audit services will be for a period of two (2) years; May 2022 – May 2024.
- The tender is open to all Audit firms legally authorized to operate in Belize.
- All applicants must be a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Belize.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted no later than 11th April 2022 to:
Mr. Radin Santos
Protected Areas Conservation Trust
Soft Copies should be sent via Email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Packages are to be labelled as
“Expression of Interest Re: BNCF Audit Services”